Sunday 27 December 2020

The Missing Heiress

My world has traditions that we must live by, but no one knows who created them or where they came from. The past rulers have told us that they were written long ago, some even said it came directly from the gods, others say that they\"re written in the stars, but we can\"t know exactly where they come from. My city Olympia Panthea is broken down in four categories, that you are born into, but this has separated us, we were once whole, strong and united but now we are broken, separated and lonely. No one is the same here. We may be with the same group of people, we may dress alike and eat the same foods, but it doesn\"t mean we are happy, it doesn\"t mean that we all stand united. It just means it\"s one way to separate us so we don\"t mix with the others who aren\"t our kind.

There are five distinct parts to our city, there is the Bravehearts, these people are honest warriors that are not afraid of anything. The peacealots hate the thought of violence and conflict, they help to keep the peace among the city. The hopelers are the ones that believe in the good and are the ones that give people hope within the city when it is filled with chaos. The knowledeingable are those that know anything and everything about the city, its past and present and are the ones you go to if you need to know or learn anything as they have read every piece of literature and have the power of the moon some say. This city also has another side which we call the region. This part of the city doesn\"t have these distinct parts to them as they are a hybrid, Variantigent, they are called this because they are selfless, peaceful, brave and intelligent.

Each of us is born in one part of the city and are when you become of age you must go through a ceremony and choose where you want to stay for the rest of your life. I\"m not sure what I am, I just know I\"m not a part of this side, I don\"t fit in. I feel I need to get away from the city before the ceremony, as once I go through that there is no escaping and no hiding. I believe that I wasn\"t born here, that I was placed inside here so that I wouldn\"t disrupt the nature of things, but they couldn\"t keep this from me, they must have known I knew all along, it\"s time I finally took my rightful place and let everyone know who I am and who I always will be the last rightful heir to the city of Olympia Panthea.

No comments:

Post a Comment