Sunday 27 December 2020

A Day Gone Wrong

The sun was shining today, as I strolled down the sidewalk, I noticed couples walking around holding hands and eating delicacies of the city. Up ahead I could see street performers, there was a juggler, mimes and dancers, it was a wonderful sight, the sounds, the colours even the smells were wonderful. I walked across the sidewalk and stood next to one of the loving couples, wishing I was like them without a care in the world, the street performers were simply amazing after they had finished their performance, everyone was starting to move away, so I went up to the performers and placed down a couple of pennies as that was what I could only afford to give, but I don\"t think it mattered because they looked at me with such happy faces like they didn\"t have a care in the world.

I noticed a bakery café close by, called bon apatite mademoiselle, it was beautiful the inside, it had chairs and tables dotted around the place with little pots of lilies, roses and tulips, it really was a lovely sight. I queued up in front of the counter waiting for my turn to order, I was up next so I didn\"t mind waiting. After a few minutes, it was my turn, I ordered a croissant with butter and a scone with cream and jam. I sat down towards the back of the bakery café. I looked around and saw paintings around the room, they were very mesmerizing. The bakery café had lilac and blue walls, it was very calming and peaceful. I must have waited 6 minutes until one of the waiters sat down my order. He was in an attire that was purple and blue but had a black waistcoat, he looked very polite and humble. I thanked him as he went to other tables with different orders. It was a good half an hour before I finished my food. I went up to my counter paid for my food and left.

I then started to walk back down the street, stopped looked both ways across the road, I couldn\"t hear a sound, not of a car, a bus, a dog or the swish of the winds, so I started to walk across. I was almost to the other side when suddenly I hear a noise in the distance, but it was getting louder and louder and closer and closer the nearer I was getting to the edge, I started running, it didn\"t help anything as the noise seemed to become faster. I had almost got to the other side when it was too late, in a spur of a moment I was on the ground blacking out. I must have been out for a couple of minutes, as when I woke I could hear someone yelling, I think they were yelling at me to get up and out of the way. I got up and started to walk back down the road but I stopped for a few seconds to see where I was, but well nothing was recognisable. the street looked different, more dusty and dirty, where the street lights were in its place was lanterns, high up amongst the trees, there were no sounds of cars, just the gallops of horses. I had got down to the end of the street when I was suddenly dragged off somewhere.

I was dragged away by a short plump lady with bright long curly red hair, brown eyes, and had a pale complexion. she was wearing a short dress covered with flowers. when I looked up I saw that we were in front of a large house, a typical house with the big garden and flashy car out front, the door of the house was already wide open and well the lady continued dragging me along inside like a rag doll. When she had finally stopped dragging me we were in a small kitchen. she starts to speak, telling me to start washing up. I was about to shout at her and tell her no when I looked down at myself and saw I was wearing rags, I had dirt everywhere, I wasn\"t even wearing shoes, I looked at my hands and they were dry and wrinkly. I started on the dishes, scrubbing until I could see my face and thought why is my life just worth this being a mere maid. I realise that this morning was not real, that I must have fallen asleep outside again, but seriously it felt like more than a dream-like it was somehow reality but it can\"t be.

No comments:

Post a Comment